Maui Lawyers Represent Clients in Business and Family Law Matters
Guiding you through complex legal issues in Hawaii
Yanagida & Associates handles matters involving business law, family law, bankruptcy and real estate. Our lawyers are skilled negotiators and advocates. We seek to quickly resolve matters without litigation, but we litigate with zeal when doing so is strategically advantageous to our client. Our firm has been representing clients in the Maui area since 1991, when the firm was founded by Joy Yanagida. We litigate in federal court, state criminal and civil courts, and family court.
Providing experience and guidance to businesses
Businesses in Hawaii participate in many types of transactions and become involved in a variety of legal conflicts and situations. Our attorneys provide businesses with guidance and representation on topics including:
- Business law. We can help make your transactions smoother by helping you with the creation of contracts and the negotiation of deals.
- Business litigation. When disputes become legal matters, we will aggressively represent your interests in the courtroom.
- Business formations. The choices you make when forming your business have important consequences. We advise clients of their options and assist them in turning their idea into a legal entity.
- Bankruptcy. Banks and other lenders often need representation to deal with bankruptcy issues. Our attorneys have the experience and skill to help with even the most complex cases.
- Employment law. When employees bring claims of discrimination or harassment, you need a law firm that can defend your business. We defend against all types of employment law and labor law claims.
- Maritime law. We represent vessel owners in claims against their vessels and work to prevent vessel seizure and arrest.
Our business law attorneys assist companies in the Maui area with a wide variety of legal issues.
Helping clients through divorce and other family law matters
Our divorce law attorneys focus on solving disputes without litigation whenever possible. Through the use of mediation and collaborative divorce, we are often able to negotiate positive outcomes. When negotiation isn’t enough, we zealously represent our clients’ interests in litigation. We handle family law issues such as:
- Divorce. We handle all aspects of a divorce case, from the allocation of property to the creation of parenting plans.
- Child custody. Our attorneys know that each family is different, and we work hard to resolve disputes with the interests of the children in mind.
- Child support. Both parents are expected to contribute to the upbringing of their child or children. Our attorneys work to find solutions that are fair to everyone involved and provide children with the support they need.
- Paternity. One of the most sensitive issues in family law concerns proving or disputing that a man is a child’s father. We handle these cases with the utmost sensitivity and individualized attention.
- Mediation. Our firm also offers mediation services to help those involved reach a fair arrangement.
We understand how serious your family law issue is, and we will treat you and your case with the respect and attention that you deserve.
Trust us to handle even the most complex disputes
Yanagida & Associates has an established reputation for representing clients in a variety of matters in business and family law. Our Maui law firm also handles bankruptcy and real estate issues for our clients. To schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys, call us at 808-244-1000.